Our client had 2 x virtual (VMWARE) servers hosted in an ESXI environment. There were several issues we resolved, including the Data store running out of storage, preventing both servers form starting. We worked out of hours and provided a quick response to get these resolved.
Secondly the mainboard failed so we organised the supplier to come out and replace the failed component.
The client accepted our proposal for server replacement, and provided the following solution:
- Organise new software licenses for everything required including Microsoft Server and CALS (Client access licenses so there clients could log on), and remote CALS also. Also VMWARE licensing, and antivirus.
- There were two servers to install, a DC (Domain Controller), which runs the domain at the office, including credentials so people can log on to the domain, folder access and read write permissions etc. The domain controller was also configured for all the services required on that domain. The second server was a SQL server, which ran the companies’ special software which was the critical software for the companies’ organisation. We setup the SQL server to manufacturer’s standards and requirements, then we liaised with the software developers and configured the SQL system, imported existing databases, attached them to the system, tested and installed SQL backup solutions and tested these as well.
- We installed all the organisations printers and the job accounting setup also.
- We installed a new cabinet, moved new hardware into it, tidied up all the cabling, organised phone company to tidy up the phone system and remove any unnecessary pairs (phone lines).
- Setup hardware registers for new equipment, and software license registers also.
Replaced the dual modems, router, and switches. Setup VLAN access on routers for people to access the company software and databases from other offices/ branches, and tested all correctly before handing back to client.